Reason For Pause With Win 11 Upgrades?

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
An update to the Insiders version of Windows 11 includes a massive list of bug fixes, many of them serious, showing the wisdom of holding back on an early upgrade from Windows 10.

Windows 11 was released on 5 October but has proved a problematic upgrade due to onerous system requirements and certain user interface decisions, with some features chopped in the Start menu and a confusing new right-click menu in File Explorer.

The new Insiders update, build 22000.346 for the Beta and Release Preview channels, shows another reason for not hastening to upgrade – bugs in the initial release. Release Preview means that these fixes should soon come to all users of Microsoft's latest Windows.
Have a read of the full article and decide for yourself.

Johnny b

John
Interesting article.
A summation of bugs versus frustration.

Fortunately, my hardware is too old for win 11.
Lenovo M82 I5 3470 with 8 gigs memory.
I have run Win 10 Pro on it in the past and it was quite peppy.
But it also frustrated me with updates that didn't go well.

I'll definitely skip Win 11 in order to retain what little mental health I have left lol!

Every few days I have a message saying my computer is ready for Windows 11 so Click on the upgrade.
After about 5 hours it's stuck on 5% , I need to use the computer so can't wait any longer.
How long does it take to upgrade to Windows 11.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It's a subjective question, depending on the quality of your hardware and your Internet download speeds.

I have very fast internet speed through Virgin media and my computer is only weeks old. Usually download speeds are very fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online