1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"reboot and select proper boot device. Or insert boot media in selected boot device

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mickeymbbc, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mickeymbbc

mickeymbbc Thread Starter

Usually when I see this error its the Power supply, or and bios issue. Anyone have any Ideas. I can actually boot to windows but the computer shuts down in about 20 min and give that error. I am use to seeing that when it will not start, but it starts and stays on for a bit but not long enough to save stuff. I even tried to reload it and it wouldn't let me. I am figuring its the hard drive. Any Ideas

"reboot and select proper boot device. Or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, no one has any idea what we are attempting to diagnose. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact mb, exact ram, exact video card, etc, etc. If this is a big box system, then post the exact brand and model# If you have a service tag# post that as well.

Note do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for all of your parts.

3. mickeymbbc

mickeymbbc Thread Starter

While I appreciate your reply, I strongly disagree from exp that you dont need specs like that just to give and humble opinion. If I had heavy gamer or something extravagant I was making or working on, A huge video card I would agree, but Im not. Usually I found that issue to be a update altering the bios uefi OR csm alterd, power supply, ram, or HHD. Service tags are not needed, nor much more specs for a simple gateway I am just having fun playing with a computer that came from recycling. I was just asking for an oppion bc ive seen this happen before but it was at boot up, or from a bad power supply. I dont think its heating up but I will check my utilities and hhd next. You actually made me feel like I was getting the third degree like im a prisoner or something. This kind of issue can happen with just about any computer make or model.... I will figure it out. Sorry for asking a question. Thanks anyway.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Well, how would anyone know unless you gave specs???
    You know what you are working on; we do not.

If you do not want to post specs, that is fine. Someone may be able to help you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1152357

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice