1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

reboot and select proper boot device, or insert boot media in selected boot device

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by finalfantasyfan, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. finalfantasyfan

finalfantasyfan Thread Starter

I'm doing an upgrade on a computer with a new: PSU/Mobo/RAM/CPU but I get this error upon start up. I've verified that the IDE cables are plugged in correctly and I've tried all the jumper settings on the hard drive but no devices show up in the BIOS. I've set the boot order as CD/DVD, Floppy, Hard drive. I've tried two sets of IDE cables but to no avail. Any other solutions to this problem?

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

Make certain your IDE cables are not just plugged in correctly but their also correctly placed. The side of the cable with the color strip is generally closest to the PSU plug up.
    The boot order with your OS in your CD drive on boot should be CD - HD and then Floppy. Keep us up to date as to what's happening. There's a lot of folks willing to help. Jazz
    I should ask what settings you've left your HDD on with the jumpers? What setting is you CD on with the jumpers?

3. finalfantasyfan

finalfantasyfan Thread Starter

I worked it out, I had the jumpers set incorrect so both the rom drive and the hard drive wanted to be masters/slaves so I just changed them.

4. jazz3000

jazz3000

Glad to hear it. It's always good to hear someone is up and running the way they want to be. Have a good one. Jazz

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/804665