1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected media device

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by technewbii, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. technewbii

technewbii Thread Starter

the computer was working fine until i added new RAM. when i turned the computer on it popped up with Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected media device. i went to a website and payed 45 dollars for some techie to figure it out and he didnt even help. :( i removed the new memory and tried to boot the computer again but the same thing happened. anyone who can give any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. norton850

norton850

Welcome

System info would be helpful as would what tech support had you try.

For starters did you check your HD to see if the power and data cables are secure.

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    It sounds as though you may have knocked the Data cable or the power cable loose from your hard drive. I would Check these and reseat them just in case.

4. technewbii

technewbii Thread Starter

yes thank you. im such a dummy. i had the data cable only part way in and it couldnt be read. im one of those guys who takes things apart and puts them back together and then has 2 screws left over. thanks guys. :D

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Glad to hear this has helped, you can mark your thread solved if there are no more issues. Welcome to TSG

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/982163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice