1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reboot and select proper boot device.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Antowns, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antowns

Antowns Thread Starter

Hi guys,
    I've just purchased a 250GB hard drive to replace my rather small 80GB one. I've had to buy a Molex 4pin > Sata because my old hard drive had the molex power input on it. Anyway, I get this error 'Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key'

I'm using the AcerPower F6 Desktop PC with a few changes (ATI HD3850 graphics card installed no problems a while ago). Also the Bios seems to see the hard drive there, shows that its 250GB and everything so.. :(

2. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

Do you have any USB devices plugged in? If so, take them out until you have Windows fully installed.

Have you installed Windows on the new HDD yet?

Check the Boot order in BIOS too. Should be CD > HDD > Other (or something similar)

If the old HDD still works, I'd keep the 80gb as the primary drive and add the new one as slave for storage.

3. Antowns

Antowns Thread Starter

No its a fresh hard drive and i do not have any USB devices plugged in other than the mouse and keyboard. I think i'm getting somewhere now, I've set CD to boot first and inserted the windows disk. I'll see how this goes! :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/722476

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice