1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reboot and select proper boot device...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jocamar, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jocamar

jocamar Thread Starter

Today I was browsing on Firefox when suddenly the computer freezes, I get a sudden and fast blue screen error message and then the computer restarts. When it restarts I get a black screen with the message:

"reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key!"

I turned of the computer on the button and started it and it booted windows as normal and I resumed what I was doing, later it happened again, this time when I was watching TV the computer was on and it rebooted.

I have tried to go to the BIOS and set the boot order and it detects the hardrive normally when I turn it on, but right after it crashes and tries to reboot when I go to the BIOS it doesn't show up there.

I have also run temperature tests with RealTemp 3.00 ant it shows the temperature is 58ºC 34ºC.

My computer specs are:

Windows Vista Ultimate 32bits
    2Gigs Ram
    ASUS P5K-E WI-FI Motherboard
    Intel Core Duo 3.00 GHz overclocked
    NVidia Geforce 8800 GTX
    140 Gigs harddrive

I think this may be related to my harddrive and I'm clueless as to what to do. I don't want to lose the info I have on the harddrive and I wanted to ask you what I should do.

Any help is appreciated as I'm a tech newbie.

2. navin_bvr

navin_bvr

it seems issue with the HDD, your system is not detectinng the HDD, do a test with putting ur HD to another system as a slave and try to access it, if it works, then no probs with hd.

give a try...good luck

3. jocamar

jocamar Thread Starter

But if it isn't detecting the HDD shouldn't it not detect it always. I just doesn't detect right after it crashes and tries to reboot. When I turn it off and turn it on it boots as normal until it crashes again.

4. joeten

joeten

5. jocamar

jocamar Thread Starter

I tried running chkdsk with the chkdsk /F command but the problem still persists. Any other ideas?

6. joeten

joeten

hi ok 1 you can try running a hdd diagnostic from hdd makers support site,2 you can try a repair from your install or recovery disc,3follow jocamar's suggestion and see if the drive is gone same as 1

7. Tumbleweed36

Tumbleweed36

Check the temps in the bios and report them back. The bios is usually the most accurate for temperatures. Also, list all your power supply information and list the brand name and watts.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/863544

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice