1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reboot and select proper reboot device.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stefan7654, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stefan7654

Stefan7654 Thread Starter

Hi . I am facing the problem “Reboot and select proper boot device “ from one week.but the laptop usually starts working again after half an hour. One more thing I notice is that my boot option are 0 and 1. Option 0 is hgst hts545050e380 . When laptop is showing the error, I went into bios menus , boot option 0 is missing . But when laptop starts working again , the boot option 0 appears. I uploaded the images , you can see. Is my hard drive failing ? I have format and installed new windows but still nothing happened. Please help me fast . a help will be much appreciated. Waiting for you reply

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Probably however you will not know for sure until you test the drive. Find out the mfg ie WD, Seagate, whatever and download the diagnostic. Note you need the boot or dos version NOT the windows version. Boot the system with the bootable media and test the drive. Do both the long and short tests.

3. Stefan7654

Stefan7654 Thread Starter

Can you tell me how to test the drive ?

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Already told you. First find out who mfg the drive. Download the boot or dos diagnostic and make the bootable media [usb or cd] Boot the system and run the diagnostic.

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice