Reboot and select proper reboot device.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Stefan7654

Hi . I am facing the problem “Reboot and select proper boot device “ from one week.but the laptop usually starts working again after half an hour. One more thing I notice is that my boot option are 0 and 1. Option 0 is hgst hts545050e380 . When laptop is showing the error, I went into bios menus , boot option 0 is missing . But when laptop starts working again , the boot option 0 appears. I uploaded the images , you can see. Is my hard drive failing ? I have format and installed new windows but still nothing happened. Please help me fast . a help will be much appreciated. Waiting for you reply

Attachments

Last edited:

crjdriver

Is my hard drive failing ?
Probably however you will not know for sure until you test the drive. Find out the mfg ie WD, Seagate, whatever and download the diagnostic. Note you need the boot or dos version NOT the windows version. Boot the system with the bootable media and test the drive. Do both the long and short tests.

crjdriver

Already told you. First find out who mfg the drive. Download the boot or dos diagnostic and make the bootable media [usb or cd] Boot the system and run the diagnostic.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online