1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reboot emergency

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kitty2112, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kitty2112

kitty2112 Thread Starter

Hi there. I’m hoping someone here can help me.

I work from my home and I think I may have accidentally removed a program that allows me to log onto my network. I can't even get to my start menu so the regular route for a system restore isn't gonna work *sob*.

I’m trying to figure out a way to reboot my computer (windows 2000) to a date where I know everything worked ok (like 09/05/04).

I know at one point in time I had done this with my home PC.

If memory serves me correctly I hit one of the F keys during boot up and it took me to a screen where I could enter in a date to restart the computer by. I can’t seem to figure out how I got there though. Does anyone know what to do? :confused:

Thanks a bunch!!!!

kitty

2. dai

dai

press f8 when booting and choose
    last known good configuration

3. kitty2112

kitty2112 Thread Starter

Ok - I tried that and it doesn't seem to help. I suppose it's because the actually configuration is still ok. Is there anyway to enter in a date?

4. teqmod

teqmod

I know that XP has a system restore feature but this was not available for 2000. Unfortunately unless you have a back-up of the machine with the configuration you want I think it is gone.

5. dai

dai

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271240

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice