reboot from dos emulator

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rdjw

Is there anyway to reboot while in dos on win xp pro? a .bat file or anything? thanks

if you are running windows command prompt(start->Run->cmd)---------
from command prompt you could type SHUTDOWN -R to initiate a restart with a default 30 second countdown

to define a countdown time of your own choosing type SHUTDOWN -R -T 05 for example of a 5 sec countdown to restart

type SHUTDOWN /? for all tha available command switches and guidelines, these are all applicable from within a batch file

as for from within a DOS emulator, I'm not too sure there IS a way to do this

Edit; During the process of me typing my response, Kiwi beat me to it,(I think that's twice he's done that now :eek: :D ) but it may be easier if you click his link , select all text and save it to your PC as a text file and rename it with an .htm or .html extension and view in your browser for a less garbled view of it, SCRATCH THAT ALL, ITS ONLY FIREFOX THAT DISPLAYS IT AS AN ACTUAL TEXT FILE< MY BAD................

but his link lays out in more detail what I desribed briefly above.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts