reboot problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rbusch

could this be a virus?
if i try to bootin into 98 it resets itself right before the desktop is to appear. it will do this up to 7 times or soo and then even if in safe mode will finally work. i have treid an up grade to win xp pro and the prob still continues.

Could be a virus. Could be a hardware issue or maybe not. If you do have a virus, just upgrading to another windows version wouldn't cure it as the virus wouldn't be eliminated by an upgrade, only by a reformat and reinstall. Plus if you are running win98 there would be the question of whether or not your machine could cut the mustard with regards win xp. But if you like win 98 or cannot install win xp cause your machine is older I would first reformat and reinstall win 98 to eliminate any software issues as being the cause. In other words if it still does it after you do that then you know it's your machine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online