rebooting issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brendenaltmann

Hi all, I am having problems regarding my system rebooting. The issue started when Dell updates were being installed. When I turn the laptop on it goes to a black screen only saying cant find media then. No boot device found press any key to reboot. Rebooting doesn't work and it is stuck in a loop at this screen. I have tried many ways to resolve this. Changing the rebooting options in BIOS from legacy to EUFI (or whatever it is), changing the order or rebooting locations (hard drive, cd drive etc). I have also run the extended diagnostics test which has confirmed everything is ok including the hard drive and RAM. I really need help as i have important programs on my HDD I have an assignment to re submit in two weeks and I can in no way possible redo it. Its stressing me out, my only other option is to send back to Dell and hope that they can fix it within the week, which I doubt they will. I also paid someone 55 dollars to diagnose it, he said it may be the hardrive (unconvincingly) which doesn't correlate with the fact Dells built in diagnosis said it was fine. Can anyone please help me I'm desperate and stressed out >:/

When I turn the laptop on it goes to a black screen only saying cant find media then. No boot device found press any key to reboot.
From that statement right there is why your "paid someone" said it might/could be the HDD. Whether it's a physically damage hard drive or it's missing the boot partition or missing the entire OS, but it's definitely a HDD issue.

Fist think I would check; make sure that the HDD SATA and Power cables are fully connected....they do and can come loose.

brendenaltmann

Hey. thanks for the reply. Ahh...ok, that makes me feel more reassured about it being the HDD. Unfortunately I cannot open it to check the connections, I don't want to void the warranty. Was hoping there would be an easier way. Its very precious to me and I always handle it well, it was working fine in the same stationary position until this happened. Once again thanks, I guess I will be shipping it to Dell.

If you really need stuff that's on the hard drive you can try this
(
)
take of your disk and put it it another computer to diagnose it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online