1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Rebooting when trying to print

Discussion in 'Networking' started by hhendrix, Dec 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hhendrix

hhendrix Thread Starter

UGH....
    An employee is trying to print to any of our network printers and everytime she clicks print the machine reboots. We are running windows 2000 on this machine. I have logged in as admin to the local machine and reinstalled the printer several times. I have also reimaged the machine (we use Norton Ghost to image). It seems to only affect this user. All other users are fine. They are all using HP EPC's. These are pretty nifty...but this one is about to drive me up the wall. I also ran all windows updates for win 2000. Anyone got any ideas????:confused:

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Is she using a roaming profile?

That could explain why it is happening to just her even after you have re-imaged the drive.

If you are using a roaming profile, try deleting her Ntuser.dat from the network profiles directory and then logging her own and see if that takes care of the problem.

You might want to make a copy of the ntuser.dat file so if you need to you could put it back.

3. hhendrix

hhendrix Thread Starter

It worked! Thanks soooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!