1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

reccomend some parts for a custom

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by corbs132, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. corbs132

corbs132 Thread Starter

Hey there. I'm building a semi-budget gaming pc. i am going to set aside aroudn 600-700 dollars for a new computer. I will post some minimum's and i really want you guys to help out with the rest like best deal for the money and expandability.

Mobo: at least 5 pci and 1 agp. must be overclockable

Processor: something made by intel, i dont like amd. i hear dual core is good? maybe even core 2 duo

Memory: high frequency so i can overclock my pentium :) at least 1g

Gfx card: at least 128mb any brand.

Pci components: wirless card (g), ide expansions, etc usefull (sp?) stuff

I have hard drives, but I want the mobo to support ide and sata hdds.

is this realistic? i have optical drives, and usb 2.0 and firewire pci slots.

i also have a sound card for pci but its kinda crappy even though its sound blaster

i also have a monitor, but i need better speakers then my old (very very old) del speakers from my first pc.

2. Tumbleweed36

Tumbleweed36

3. corbs132

corbs132 Thread Starter

thanks for the great response, i think ill get an amd. i just dont like them because i never used one before. so the motherboard allows for bios that is overclockable?

4. Tumbleweed36

Tumbleweed36

Those boards are very overclockable. You can also look at Abit, DFI, and Gigabyte boards. The AMD just makes a better gaming chip for a cheaper price. If you get a chance, go to some of the gaming websites and read the reviews. If bucks is the bottom line, you won't beat for a single core chip the Venice chip or the San Diego chip for the price. If you get a chance, go to some of the vendors and look for the AMD dual core 4200+.....they are the ones that have the price chopped in half recently, and they are cheaper in the first place than a comparable Intel chip.

Last, but not least....don't skimp on a power supply for this computer. Purchase either an Antec, Enermax, OCZ, Silverstone or similar unit in the 600 watt range. That way, you can add things in the next year or two and not have to redo the power supply. Cheap power supplies cost you more money in the long run. Take a look for some of these models on NewEgg.com...they are one of the most reasonable places on the net and have great service after the sale. Been there and done that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487206

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice