1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

receive a "no signal sent" on monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stands, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stands

Stands Thread Starter

undefined4Arial BlackBlack
    Hello everyone! I used to be on this list but my mail server disallowed it after a few months.?? Beats me.
    I do need help and hope this goes through. I have a tower, 1.2Ghz Athlon. I blew it our with an air compressor the other day to clean it. Afterwards, it ran just fine for about half an hour. Then a bod came up so I shut it down. When attempting to boot up...my monitor reads "no signal sent". I have reseated everything in the pc, including the ram. I have tried another video card, all to no avail. The cpu fan is working and a light is on the motherboard. The HD light goes on as well. There isn't any bios beep though. I hope I didn't fry something. Any ideas? Thanks

Stands

2. zeddy

zeddy

Double check all the connectors including the block of connectors from the case to the mobo. Check the cable from the monitor that no pins are damaged, double check that the video card is seated fully as are the other components.

3. Stands

Stands Thread Starter

Thanks Zeddy but all is connected ok and reconnected to make sure. Still don't work. I forgot to mention. My monitor works fine connected to my laptop.

Stands

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Its not a monitor problem, it sounds like the computer is simply not booting up at all.

If the computer does not boot, then naturally there will be no signal to the monitor. Its certain to be a hardware issue, recheck that everything is correctly seated (RAM, all cards, Heatsink on CPU etc).

5. Stands

Stands Thread Starter

Thanks Kiwiguy...haven't tried resetting the cpu yet but that's a good idea. And I should try booting with a cd on my hd. I'll see what happens.

Stands

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice