1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Receive Gmail messages in Hotmail account?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by farahm2, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. farahm2

farahm2 Thread Starter

Hey there folks, I was wondering if there was a way that I can receive the messages that come into my Gmail account in my Hotmail account.

2. Wino

Wino

I believe (if memory serves me correctly) that you can set up automatic forward emails received in either to the other. I use Outlook Express (XP machines) and MS Live Mail (XP & Win 7 machines) and receive all my emails from (1)hotmail, (2)gmail and (1) roadrunner in all cases. The exception is gmail which I receive only on one machine as Gmail will not allow leaving messages on server once downloaded. Hotmail and RR will download to any machine I use until I delete from server.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Go to Settings > Fowarding POP/IMAP. Add your email address in the forwarding section. This is handy if you use webmail, otherwise like Wino suggest, I would recommend using Windows Live Mail and add both accounts in there so you can read your email there. One good feature of WLM is that there is a section that says Unread Email - what that does is shows you all emails that are unread from all accounts. Perhaps that would be a better choice?

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Wino - off-topic but you can set your clients to use IMAP and that would resolve that issue, otherwise in the same section as I mentioned in my other post, there should be an option for you Keep a Copy in the Inbox. By default I think it's set to archive. Attached is an image of what i mean

Attached Files:

5. buffoon

buffoon

moved this to proper forum

6. Wino

Wino

I have that option marked in gmail, but it still only downloads to one machine and that's it. Still on server, but I probably sign into gmail about once or twice a year to check if filter is dumping any real mail. Since gmail is personal and not related to my business, just a minor annoyance.

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    wino, i have pm'ed you to prevent spamming here :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975863

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice