1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Receiving lots of corruption messages cant use chkdsk

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dennilson, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennilson

dennilson Thread Starter

Hi I am new to this forum, so please bear with me. Could anyone help with an annoying problem I am receiving countless error messages -yellow triangle- informing me that almost every application I go into is corrupted. It then informs me to utilise the chkdsk facility via the run command in the start menu. I have done this and it gives me the usual message of system is in use run chkdsk on reboot etc. I always type Y , but on the reebot I get a blue screen informing me that my op system is NTFS and this cannot be locked or checked, leaving me back to square one. How do I use my chkdsk to address these corrupted files. Any advice welcome. Many thanks Tom

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Howdy,

Try this click Start>>Run type cmd click Ok.

In the Command Prompt type chkdsk /r click Enter

You will be asked if you want a check disk to run on next startup click Y and then press Enter

Restart your PC

3. dennilson

dennilson Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply Bonk I have attempted your suggestion but on the reebot I get a blue screen informing me that my op system is NTFS and this cannot be locked or checked, leaving me back to square one.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/549869

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice