1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Receiving threats online - what to do?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by FuzzyWuzzy, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FuzzyWuzzy

FuzzyWuzzy Thread Starter

Hi, sorry a bit off topic, but I am a bit scared and definitely worried. I have been posting as a member on this other message board site for a while now. Anyhoo, this one guy seems to hate me, even so just plain old physchotic. He says he knows where I live, and will come visit me and kill me. Is there any way he will know where I live? I don't know what to do. I am very scared.

Let me add, I have never had an online (like on aim, msn) convo with him before, just on this site. But is there any way he can know where I am exactly from this site?

Thanks kindly.

2. Ms_Tux

Ms_Tux

have you spoken (emailed) the moderators of the board?

3. FuzzyWuzzy

ya but they dont seem to care really. No help there at all. :(

4. FuzzyWuzzy

My buds tell me to call the cops and let them know. But really, what will they do about it? nothing!

5. Ms_Tux

Ms_Tux

I'm not the best at this, (and i'm sure you'll get much more helpful tech advice from others) but as far as stalking goes (and coming from a girl that's had TWO stalkers), the best thing you can do is to NEVER reply or interact with this person. as in EVER. not even if he threatens, or anything, just IGNORE him.

hope it sorts itself out, always here if you want to chat

Ms_Tux

6. FuzzyWuzzy

Thanks Ms.

Well I have never had any interaction 1 on 1 with this person. The only source is that site, which we both post at, thats it.

7. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Did you post where you live, I mean exactly where you live on the board? Your real name?

I live in Maryland, actually Glen Burnie Maryland. Still it would be hard to find me. My middle name is Scott which is what I go by. My phone number is unlisted + the phone is in my wifes name.

The guy I would believe is trying to intimidate you but you never know for sure. I would contact the FBI. If it is illegal to threaten Ray Lewis (which some fool did, not that I like Ray) it is illegal to threaten you. Maybe the feds would sluff you off too but at least you could try.

Or you could just ignore him. He is most likely a pimple faced troll 12-16 years of age.

8. Ms_Tux

Ms_Tux

well i think it depends on how secure the site is, and yeah, where there's a will, there's a way, but realistically speaking, i've heard SO many of these empty threats that the best thing you can do is to ignore then and don't worry yourself. If i worried about every internet threats i've had, my hair would be white by now, and they're currently lovely pink and black ;)

see what the moderators recogne about their website's security tho

9. FuzzyWuzzy

Nope, never ever.

10. izme

izme

I agree!

But like Skivvy said
    I 've seen that too :D

Welcome to TSG Ms Tux (y)

11. FuzzyWuzzy

I had a mini incompleted profile on that site,and the only thing I had was my email - which had my first name in the address, but I no longer use that email. Thats it, just a hotmail email. I never use my POP3 email anywhere - no way!

12. Ms_Tux

Ms_Tux

Thanks Izme, was looking somewhere to ssay "hi, I'm new" but i got involved in this thread before i could do that!! wouldn't know where i'm suppose to post the "hi" post do you? (p.s. very very very sorry for hijacking!!!)

13. Ms_Tux

Ms_Tux

In that case FuzzyWuzzy, unless there's like a major security loophole on the messageboard, there's small chance that he knows who you are or where you live. And he's probably a skinny kid that couldn't swing a twig let alone a baseball bat!!

really, you're doing exactly what he wants you to do by stressing about the threat, so just chillout and forget about it :)

14. FuzzyWuzzy

no worries :)

15. FuzzyWuzzy

Ok I will try, thanks. (y)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice