1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Receiving vs. Transmitting

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by SidewinderVW, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SidewinderVW

SidewinderVW Thread Starter

My transfer rate for receiving and Transmitting does not seem right.

I am transmitting 3,390,175 and received 28,899,047

I am not downloading anything, uploading anything just surfing.

I have scanned my computer using Ad-ware, CCleaner, CWShredder, Spyblaster, online scanner from Windows, facetime.
    I have also used Symantec removal tool for w32.Kelvir.W worm which I thought I was having.

Last week, my transmit and received figures were roughly the same when I just surfed. I feel this is not normal.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

If those numbers keep increasing as you surf, then my guess is that you are looking at the number of bytes sent and received in you Connection Properties. Those just count bytes since your connection was enable, not upload/download rate.

4. SidewinderVW

In the taskbar, next to the time, the icon that looks like two computers one behind the other. WHen I click on that I see the numbers above. I know its the total sent (left number) and total received (right number).
    What bothers me is that my received is SOOO much greater than my sent. I have check this numbers before but its has always been more or less than the same. Only recently has the difference between the two been so big.

Any possible solutions?

P.S. How do I know whether I've got a keylogger software installed on my computer? I didnt install one but might have unintentionally when I "updated" yahoo messenger Japanese version.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

That's perfectly normal. If you click a single link, you could receive tons of bytes, even viewing a simple webpage. There is nothing wrong here...

6. SidewinderVW

Yesterday and today something weird happened.
    Im just surfing, when my browser "crashes" and a pop-up comes up telling my something about my system registry might be corrupted and suggest I do an online scan of my computer.
    Yesterday was from www.errorsafe.com and today it was from www.systemdoctor.com

Yesterday after getting the pop-up from errorsafe.com I closed all windows, opened them up and resumed surfing without a glitch.

Is this anyway related to my received and sent being unbalanced?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544530

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice