1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recent Folder

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by DKTaber, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

I've always been bewildered by the way the Recent folder operates. Anything new I create naturally get a shortcut in it, but shortcuts are also created for some files that I edit extensively, while others that I also edit repeatedly don't. I would like to put shortcuts in there for things that I use a lot that don't get there automatically. Manually putting a shortcut there doesn't work; doesn't show up when you click "Documents".

Is there any way to manually put shortcuts in the Recent folder, and have the show up when you click "Documents"?

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

The short answer is no. I think you want a pop out menu of shortcuts to frequently used files. You can do this:
    Right click on the Start button and choose open. Right click on an empty space in the window and choose New Folder. Name it Fav Shortcuts or something like that.
    That's it. Put any shortcuts you like in there. They will cascade from the start menu.

EDIT: You might wonder why you can't just move the Recent Folder to the Start Menu. It doesn't work. I tried it.

3. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

I was afraid of that! Thanks for the response, Mosaic!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66234

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice