1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recent Items Sorted in Start Menu

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by DragonWing, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DragonWing

DragonWing Thread Starter

I am experiencing a problem where my 'recent items' are sorted alphabetically when I go to start -> recent items. I am unable to get them to sort by date :confused:, therefore defeating the purpose of this menu completely! I have tried to open the recent items folder and manually resorting which looks all good, alas the sort does not carry through to the start menu :rolleyes: .....any ideas?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Which 'recent items' are you asking about?
    There are Recent items on the Start Menu and in almost ALL programs.

3. DragonWing

DragonWing Thread Starter

Hi In Vista - when I click on the start menu button (circle on the lower left hand side of the screen) and hoover over to the right in the grey area (just under the search menu item) there is a recent items button. If you hoover over it a list of the recent items appears, you can mange the # of itmes listed, I think I have mine set for 8. This list is sorted alpha numeric. The recent items folder where these links are stored contains much more than 8 links. The start menu is supposed to display the 8 most recent files / documents / pictures, etc. opened. My problem is that is just show the first 8 sorted items......

I also found this same scenairo reported on the microsoft forum - but have not seen a solution that works....
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/co...-15AF7EC6783B&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us

Any help in resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700247

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice