Recent major update broke OneDrive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Firedrops

So almost 1 month ago there was a big W10 patch that automatically installed overnight.

The next day my OneDrive was no longer functional. The software will not run no matter what, while the files still remain. Further changes to files in OneDrive folders no longer synced.

I have tried uninstalling from "Add or Remove Programs", as well as through the command line "%SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall", and re-installs through downloading the latest OneDriveSetup.exe as well as the native one at "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\". I have also completely cleared out OneDrive files at "%AppData%\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive".

None of the reinstall attempts could get it to work.

On uninstallation, the only prompt/message I get is from UAC, there's no uninstallation wizard or anything like that. The program just disappears from "Add or Remove Programs" after a few seconds.

On installation, I get the "Setting up OneDrive" screen, and the loading bar progresses until about 99%, then the window just disappears. No OneDrive processes are detected to be running, OneDrive.exe gets installed and added to the registry, but remains non-functional.

What can I do to get OneDrive working again short of a reformat?

You can still access your files thru the web site.

Did you make any changes to the firewall ? Is Outbound traffic set to allow ? If not, try that. Windows often closes an app immediately when it can't reach online.

Firedrops

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have just looked through my Windows and AV (bitdefender) firewall, there was no listing in either. I have since manually added both OneDrive.exe and OneDriveSetup.exe to the Windows 'Allow an app through......" list and tried again. Still the same behaviour, i.e. OneDrive does not show any window or task bar icon on running, and OneDriveSetup just disappears at 99%.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online