1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Recent Slowdown

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by jesuischrist, Jul 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jesuischrist

jesuischrist Thread Starter

First off, my computer is being problematic enough that I'm having to use my phone to post this, so I can't use the sysinfo thing to give information about it
    I was just able to reboot and get into the settings to see my specs so hopefully this will help:
    The processor is AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
    RAM is 8GB
    64-bit OS, x64-based processor
    If it matters I have Windows 10 Pro
    I use Windows10 and I have a pretty decently-built computer mostly used for gaming.
    It's recently been having problems in that it slows down to an extreme, and maybe slowdown isn't even the term, it'll work fine when I open it but about a minute in, everything freezes and gets that "so-and-so is not responding" message at the top of the window (games, my task manager, my folders, even the start menu doesn't work) and eventually either pushes through it or crashes. Since I've given so little info on my system, maybe telling what I can do would help
    I can sometimes get on steam, sometimes I can't, I can sometimes use my task manager and see what's running and see the CPU usage and all that, I can, for some reason, open and even play minecraft (which I only figure is worth mentioning because it seems to be the only program that'll run without freezing or crashing.
    I have the free version of Malwarebytes which sometimes works and I have done a full scan with it since this started and it turned up nothing
    I have Avira and it hasn't loaded for me since this has started

Okay this is like my third edit thus far but I think this might be important
    I am apparently able to even play The Witcher 3? I haven't connected to the internet and I'm not online, and it's seeming like connecting to the internet is when all my computer really messed up completely
    Is that evidence of a crytocurrency miner activating as soon as it detects I'm connected to the internet?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Jakbrud likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229717

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice