1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recently installed Vista on EL1200-050w- severe problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AcesFull, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcesFull

AcesFull Thread Starter

I know the thread title says vista, sorry, but I can't edit it! Mistype!

I have a eMachines EL1200-05w that I recently received from a friend for free as it didn't boot correctly. The computer had XP installed and wouldn't even boot into safe mode, it just kept shutting off and restarting repeatedly. I asked around, and a few sources told me to reinstall the o.s. However, I didn't have a copy of XP, So I loaded Ubuntu 10.10 onto a USB drive and booted the computer from the USB, and opened up the demo version of the software. The O.S started right up and worked good for a few minutes, until the screen suddenly froze and pixelated in a very strange way. (Attatched Pictures) I tried to actually install the o.s next, and I can't even make it through a full instillation without the computer doing the before mentioned. I disconnected literally everything from the motherboard except the processor, power supply, and cooling fan, and loaded the o.s from the USB drive in demo mode and the computer still did the same thing, the screen just froze.

At this point I am completely stumped, and any advice would be helpful. I am including my PC specs and a few pictures, if any further information is required I will supply it. Any help is appreciated! Super confused !

PC specs :
    Processor Family - AMD Athlon 64
    RAM - 2GB
    Storage Capacity - 180 GB
    Graphics Card - nVidia GeForce 6150 SE
    Operating System - Ubuntu

Photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AcesFull

AcesFull Thread Starter

Bump? Edited original post with more information.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975730

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice