1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Receptacles at back of my Computer tower

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ailing, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ailing

ailing Thread Starter

I have a DELL PC, dimension 8200. At the back of the tower, there are, among other items, 4 mini plug receptacles in a horizontal row. They are color coded as follows. Green to plug in a loudspeaker output, Red to plug in a microphone input, Blue to plug in an on-line input., and Yellow, apparently for Video. Is that for Video in or Video out? After you advise me as to whether it is for sending a signal in or out, please advise me in great detail what software to use to handle the signal and how to go about accomplishing whatever can be accomplished.

Thanks

Ailing

2. TRS-80 vet

TRS-80 vet Account Closed

Could this be an analog [video] input?

PCWORLD mag had a reference to an analog input (RGB?, or something like that), which is for direct video recording, as an alternative to other recording modes from analog to digital...

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Never heard of video input or output using a mini plug. It is usually an RCA jack for Video.
    If it is a mini plug in line with the reest of the audio plug it is probably for Digital out or something like rear channel on a multi-chanel or surround sound type system. In fact if it is what i think it is And you have a separate sound card and not onboard sound it is a Sound Blaster Live Digital card and the yeallow plug is set up in the sound properties as either Digital out or I believe Front channel. This is a great card by the way and was specifically made for Dell by Creative. If as you said they are horizontal (as lookng at the pc while it is standing up right) is this plug the farthest away from the midi/game port? If so it is digital audio out as I said.

4. Deathblow

Deathblow

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    good reference but The Brands are reversed. The one with the yellow colored Midi/game port is the Creative sound blaster live. and the dark colored Midi/game port is a santa cruz. I have my SB Live Digital in sitting right in font of me.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/434464

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice