1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

recieving emails on laptop while on vacation

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by nitrous002racing, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitrous002racing

nitrous002racing Thread Starter

Hello everyone!

I will be going on vacation in 2 weeks and I plan to take my laptop with me. How can I recieve emails on my laptop instead of getting them at home on my desktop? I have outlook express on both desktop and laptop. I just never set-up the outlook express on my laptop because i just bought this laptop within a 2 weeks ago. I don't think I want to always recieve emails on my laptop because i don't know how often I will check for new mail and I don't know the storage limits of my ISP but if you think its better to always recieve email on both computers, than how do i do that? I have cogeco cable as an ISP and I know I can get my emails via there website (webmail) but i much rather have them come directly to my outlook express on my laptop.

Thank You!!

2. Augie65

Augie65

If you want to use your laptop, then set up an account like you did on your desktop. You will not receive the email to your desktop from your ISP unless you open Outlook Express on it. You can receive them on the laptop when you open Outlook Express on it. I would just use the web mail to check temporarily if you want the messages on your desktop, that way you can delete the messages that you don't want to keep. You can also select to leave a copy of your messages on the server if you want the messages on both desktop and laptop.

3. safegezaaa

safegezaaa

Augie65 is correct. Setup OE on your laptop as you did your desktop but go to tools -> accounts, double click the mail account you have listed in there and go to the advanced tab. Choose the option to 'leave a copy of messages on the server'. This way, any e-mail that Outlook Express downloads while you are on vacation will also have a copy left on your ISP's server.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539082

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice