1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recommend a DVD Burner?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Susie N, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Susie N

Susie N Thread Starter

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or not, but I'm looking for a recommendation of a good DVD burner. I have an HP 5100 series laptop with only a DVD/CD-RW Drive. I want to be able to create DVD Slideshows, though. I can buy a portable or external DVD burner, right? I was just looking on ebay, and I'm overwhelmed because I don't know which is best.

So, can anyone give me a good recommendation? TIA! :)

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

4. D0C_Hol1d@y

[email protected]

most definately get an external. If you don't want to build one there are many available for around $100 One for inside your laptop will run you some money. You have to get it from HP if they make one for that laptop. Go to any computer store and either pick one out or ask them to build you one.

If you can build it yourself and save some money.

5. Susie N

Susie N Thread Starter

Thanks very much for the recommendations. I appreciate it!!

6. Susie N

Susie N Thread Starter

Wait, I forgot to ask.... (warning, this might be a really dumb question) Does this burner actually burn images onto the disc in place of a paper/sticker label? Also, how does this drive hook up to the laptop? USB cable?

7. D0C_Hol1d@y

[email protected]

you can get one that burns images. That's called light scribe. It doesn't have color just a laser etch kind of effect.

You should make sure to get the USB version. There is another connector called Firewire that would require you to purchase a firewire card for your laptop as well. Stay with USB 2 if you have it.

8. Mulderator

Mulderator

You can get software to design labels.

Check out the NEC drives at NewEgg also.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/434885

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice