1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

recommend a hard drive for Thinkpad 600e?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by acz, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acz

acz Thread Starter

My trusty IBM Thinkpad 600e has had a hard life, but has served me well. A few months after the warranty expired, the hard drive has failed, it does not boot and it fails the IBM Drive Fitness Test.

:idea: I figure that I can replace and even upgrade the hard drive inexpensively and get a few more years of life from this machine. It has always worked just fine with Win 98 and Office 97 and does not really need the latest OS. In fact, I just found a thorough review of the Thinkpad 600 on epinions.com (dated August 2003) which confirmed this very idea.

Any recommendations and pointers to specific drives, vendors, and prices would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Look for 2.5in drives from:
    Travelstar IBM/Hitachi
    Toshiba
    Fujitsu

in that order.
    I could give you places and prices for the UK?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171154

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice