1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recommend a monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jackgreat, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jackgreat

jackgreat Thread Starter

Hello Guys,

I have a 22" Dell S2209W monitor which I had purchased over 2 years ago. I am looking for a new monitor now. That monitor was ok, nothing great. Infact I was running a batman movie in my new Vaio laptop yesterday and my desktop. The difference in quality was easily visible. The white and good colours reflected in my laptop LCD screen was diff that what monitor showed. It's white was not white and quailty of output was so so.

My main purposes :

- movies/tv shows
    - software development work
    - gaming but not often

- Max Budget $300
    - Size : 23" or 24"

I have a vaio laptop (1600x900) and at times when I am at home I would want to connect my laptop to the monitor so that I can use it to work on my office documents etc. And other times my monitor would anyways be connected to my PC. An HDMI port would be great but its not that important.

The brands I would consider is DELL, Samsung, LG & Viewsonic. I am keen on dell ultrasharp monitor.

For e.g. DellTM UltraSharp U2312HM is costing $290 while 24" is costing $390.

What should I do for ? I want a very good display. I live outside US so sites like newegg etc won;t be helpful in terms of price.

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Cheers,
    Jack

2. NICK G

NICK G Banned

Dell or Samsung would be my choice. The Dell prices are not bad but I can buy a 32 inch LCD 720p/1080p TV for that price.
    My 32 inch Sony Bravia 720p was only $320 and HDMI hookup makes it a great laptop companion for movies or whatever.
    Good luck.:)

3. SAMF2000

SAMF2000

Honestly the Vizio monitors are very good quality and cheaper than most higher end.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice