1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recommend CPU cooler

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spudy12, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spudy12

spudy12 Thread Starter

I'm wanting to overclock a CPU on one of my computers and think it's a good idea to upgrade the cooler on it as it currently jumps to around 50C under load.

Can someone recommend me an effective cpu cooler thats compatible with the la775 cpu's?

Spud

2. CyberTactX

CyberTactX

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I have had very good results with the coolermaster 212 series coolers. I have one on a 2500k and it keeps it in the mid 50s when overclocked to 4.3gig. On an amd system I am running the same cooler on a 8350 overclocked to 4.5gig and it keeps it <60C.

Note these coolers are very good however they are not the easiest things to install. Make sure you test fit everything first then apply the thermal compound and screw down the cooler. You do have to pull the mb out of the case to install the backplate. Not a big deal, just be aware of the need to pull the board.

The egg has this cooler for $15 after MIR.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1078641

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice