1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recommend games?

Discussion in 'Games' started by gurutech, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurutech

gurutech Thread Starter

Just starting to get into gaming, and have a new PC setup, with a 6-core AMD cpu and 32gb RAM, but with an ATI 3000 series card, so I know it's not the best video card out there (can't afford the good ones yet).

Would like to know what games you recommend that will work with this video card (low end). I have Assassin's Creed 3, but the video is choppy, and even some older games like Broken Sword 4 have video problems as well. Skyrim seems to be OK if I set the resolution down to medium or low.

2. NoobinatorHere

NoobinatorHere

It would help if we knew the exact number of the card, not just "3000 series", but really, any game made in 2006 or earlier should run on it, many games at max. Battlefield 2, Battlefront 2, Company of Heroes, Command and Conquer: Generals (and it's expansion, Zero Hour). The Call of Duty franchise has undergone essentially no graphical improvement over the past five years, and as such has very low graphical requirements. Although they won't run on max detail, your graphics card should be able to handle all Call of Duty titles. If you turn it down to minimum graphics, you should be able to play the Mass Effect franchise and the Dragon Age franchise, as well as more recent Command and Conquer games like Tiberium Wars and Red Alert 3. If Skyrim works, then rest of the Elder Scrolls series is obviously open. The vast majority of indie games, many of which you can find on Steam, have very small graphical requirements. Any MOBA game will work, most if not any MMORPG will work. Despite having an outdated graphics card, you still have a large variety of options open to you so long as you're prepared to turn down the graphics settings. Games I certainly would not try without upgrading your graphics card include Battlefield 3 and Crysis (amongst other resource-intensive games).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083316

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice