1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recommend me a computer

Discussion in 'Games' started by B336700, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B336700

B336700 Thread Starter

Yea, don't feel like making one, so, just recommend me to a pre-built computer averaging around 30FPS on Team Fortress 2. I currently get 10-11 FPS in Team Fortress 2, on
    LOW
    . I don't mean find me an Alienware computer or anything special, it could be Dell for all I care, I JUST WANT TEAM FORTRESS 2 ON THE PC! I just want 30-40FPS(20FPS at explosions) on HIGH. Please recommend me to a computer-I would like XP.

2. XboxGuy15

XboxGuy15

Well, the eMachines 3646 would run TF2 most likely better than your current PC. You didn't list the price range you wanted to work out. A $10,000 Falcon Northwest could run TF2 with all settings maxed out, or that eMachine could run it at 30 FPS on low.

3. Clumbsy_Mage

Clumbsy_Mage

Team Fortress 2 on low settings and it lags, I wonder what resolution you're running it at? Please can you list the specifications of your current machine.

As XboxGuy15 said, give everyone an idea of how much you're willing to spend. If you want a really cheap machine it'd have to be based around an AMD/ATi CPU and GFX card. Dell are very good for pre-built machines and their website is fairly intuitive, just have a browse around that.

If ordering from Dell you will have to go with an Intel CPU, make sure it's a Core 2 Duo and make sure it has a graphics card, as opposed to on board graphics. The cards they're offering with their budget systems will more than easily cope with TF2.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/723203

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice