1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recommend realistic fps games please

Discussion in 'Games' started by Darkst4r, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Darkst4r

Darkst4r It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Hi , can anyone recommend any modern warfare type first person shooters please.

Ive completed Cod4 already on veteran , ive also played BF2 , delta force and expansions and Americas army.

Im more interested in single rather than online multiplayer games , so games with a good story/background intros would be cool. Also games with reasonable graphics , I know theres not gonna be much that compares to Cod4 on that front at the moment but something closeish will do :D

2. Berzerk

Berzerk

Crysis

3. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Crysis? Bad choice I think. Single player is very very short, and with th erig available, settings are going to be low and no shaders. Dont do Crysis!!

4. Darkst4r

I wouldnt count human devouring aliens running amok and getting blasted by pulse rifle and laser weaponry realistic anyway.

Im talking about modern combat sims , none of that sci fi head in the clouds rubbish.

5. tom6049

tom6049

Have you considered any of the Medal of Honor games?

6. Darkst4r

I completed allied assault but wasnt keen on the grainy low res graphics.WW2 isnt particularly my bag either , although im enjoying company of heroes at the moment.
    Maybe Airborne has improved graphics ? ill have to check

7. Lynxz

Lynxz

HL2 all the way! =D

8. AngyWebby

AngyWebby

Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars :)

9. Darkst4r

LOL girl gamers eh ?

Command and conquer is an rts (real time strategy) not an fps (first person shooter).

10. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

LOL, I love Crysis, but it's your opinion.

Also darks4r, how about get Call of duty 4 Modern Warfare, its really fun and graphics are good :).

11. Darkst4r

I wish people would read posts properly , I said ive completed call of duty 4 on veteran , it took me 4 days.

12. Jones

Jones

You must have had a really BORING 4 days to blast through an entire game like that. Doesn't it seem like a waste of money if you only play something for less than a week? Games aren't that cheap.

And unfortunately, you've pretty much already exhausted the genre with all the games you've blasted through. The only thing on the horizon for you right now is probably MoH: Airborne, but it's not 'modern' combat like you seem to want.

There are plenty of other great FPS out there from other genres (Crysis, BF2142, Bioshock, etc), but if you're hung up on 'realism' or 'modern combat', then other types of games like this won't be what you're looking for.

There are probably hundreds of no-name games out there that are modern combat, but if you haven't heard of them already, they are probably not worth playing. If you're really desperate though, check out the bargain bin at Best Buy for cheap games that may fill the void.

My advice, pick up a copy of PCGamer magazine, check out Tomsgames.com for frequent updates and related news, and hope that a new version of BF2 or CoD4 comes out.

EDIT:: just checked some release dates and found out that:

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 comes out in mid-march
    Conflict: Denied Ops comes out in mid-february

I think that's it for a while though.

13. Darkst4r

Its not my fault im a games master :D I spent 4 years in the Royal Anglian regiment so first person shooters are a doddle for me.
    Its hard to pace yourself through a game to make it last when they make games so damn short these days.
    Im playing Bioshock at the moment and am very impressed with the atmosphere and scare factor so realism is not necessarilly a "must".I was just really disapointed with crisis , just seemed like I was playing some kind of Predator rip off from the 80's.Just couldnt handle the tacky voice overs and poor in game animation.

14. Jones

Jones

I know it's not the ultimate in 'realism', but I'd recommend giving Battlefield 2142 a shot. It's not much on single player, but it's one of those games that is never really 'finished'. The multiplayer action is great. I've played it since December '06 and I still really enjoy it. If you enjoyed BF2, then this game is a really good extension of that. It contains much more balanced gameplay, and the Titan game mode is a blast.

It's not modern warfare, and doesn't have a great single-player experience, but if you're looking for a change in shooters, it's definitely worth a shot. There's always battles to fight, and in my experience, no two are ever the same.

15. tom6049

tom6049

There's a great suggestion! I completely forgot about the Rainbow 6 series of games.

Another excellent series of games!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/679420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice