1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recommendation for New Computer Case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jlabit, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jlabit

jlabit Thread Starter

I've about decided to upgrade to Conroe and will give my old computer to my son. Thinking I am going with the Conroe E6600 processor where I can install a good video card. I want at least 500 watts of power. Would prefer a case that already has a good power supply installed, although I will buy them separately and put them together if that is needed to get the quality I want. Quality is my primary concern. Also, I tend to stay away from the mini-ATX motherboards, preferring the standard ATX MB's. Anyone have a good experience with prebuilt case/power supply combos? Thanks for your assistance.

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

3. jlabit

jlabit Thread Starter

Thank you Rich M. I see it at Newegg for $98.00. Going to go buy it now. Appreciate the advice.

4. schusterjo

schusterjo

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

I used Zip Zoom becausethe freight is free which makes it less than Newegg...but looking at Newegg there is a $50 rebate as well!

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Here's a COOLER MASTER Centurion RC-531-KKN1 mid-tower. I recently picked up a couple of these up for my 64 bit AMD systems. I really like this case for the money, is has excellent cooling, looks good, and is inexpensive at $30. It doesn't include a P/S, but I don't see that as a liability, since I'd rather pick the components separately anyway. It includes one 120mm fan with blue LED's if you like lights.

Things that I really like about this case are the excellent airflow with the large front grill, and the better than average quality of the metalwork, no sharp edges to cut you up. It also has five 5.25" bays, amazing for a case this size. It's not bad looking either.

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Am I wrong and is there a plate behind the name or does this have no slot for a floppy drive? It's hard to see.

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

It actually has two slots for 3.5" devices, both can be internal or exposed on the front panel.

EDIT: Duh! I meant one can be exposed on the front panel, brain fade there. :eek:

9. Compiler

Compiler

Just a quickie note: You said Sonata, but it linked to SonataII... which easily fixed a lot of the problems of the original Sonata - which was only QUIET until ya put the cover on it - then it was a wind tunnel.

For those who don't like DOORs - Antec's P150 is a smoken case, very quiet and is of the latest designs from Antec.
    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=140123
    (includes 430watt NEO Power supply)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/527370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice