1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recommendations CPU Fan

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bhath19, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bhath19

bhath19 Thread Starter

My current Thermaltake Volcano 7 Heatsink fan (CPU) has about had it, it turns on and off occasionally. So I was wondering what Thermaltake everyone recommends. I would like to keep the cost under $20 as I only paid that much for the Volcano 7. Here are my system specs:

Athlon XP 1700
    512 MB RAM
    GeForce MX440 64 MB

2. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

If you want to spend 20 bucks for a fan, then you'll probably just get one like the one that you already have ;)

If you want a real CPU fan, check out the Zalmans :D

3. McTimson

McTimson

You could also just look for a new fan that's the same size, your actual heatsink is fine, but the fan is giving you troubles, and they're easy to replace.

Is this a Volcano 7, or a Volcano 7+?

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    As a matter of fact you can actually buy a replacement fan for your Thermaltake Volcano 7. I think www.newegg.com carries them and they are cheaper than the whole unit as McTimson pointed out.

5. bhath19

bhath19 Thread Starter

How do I find the replacement fans? And which one is mine?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice