Recommendations CPU Fan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bhath19

My current Thermaltake Volcano 7 Heatsink fan (CPU) has about had it, it turns on and off occasionally. So I was wondering what Thermaltake everyone recommends. I would like to keep the cost under $20 as I only paid that much for the Volcano 7. Here are my system specs:

Athlon XP 1700
512 MB RAM
GeForce MX440 64 MB

If you want to spend 20 bucks for a fan, then you'll probably just get one like the one that you already have ;)

If you want a real CPU fan, check out the Zalmans :D

You could also just look for a new fan that's the same size, your actual heatsink is fine, but the fan is giving you troubles, and they're easy to replace.

Is this a Volcano 7, or a Volcano 7+?

dustyjay

Jay
As a matter of fact you can actually buy a replacement fan for your Thermaltake Volcano 7. I think www.newegg.com carries them and they are cheaper than the whole unit as McTimson pointed out.

bhath19

How do I find the replacement fans? And which one is mine?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online