1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recommendations for a new video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zydecomon, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zydecomon

zydecomon Thread Starter

Hey,

Looking for any ideas on the better video cards under $60. I know most of the the vid cards at this price are outdated, but you wouldn't believe how outdated my present card is.

2. n2gun

n2gun

would help to know if you are looking for agp slot card (if so what speed) or a pci. You could check this site for prices.

http://www.pricewatch.com/

3. zydecomon

zydecomon Thread Starter

That is the site I go to for parts and pricing and I have found a number of cards that fit my price range. I guess I am trying to get people's opinion about which card would be most compatible for that price. Since agp is supposed to be faster, I'll stick with that even though I do have open pci slots. I'm not sure what the speed issue you are refering to except for maybe 2x or 4x agp. If that's the case, is there much of a difference between 2x and 4x besides price?

4. CoolerMaster

CoolerMaster

5. zydecomon

zydecomon Thread Starter

Thanks for everyone's input. I was also looking at the Radeon 9200. I guess the thing I wonder about now is the chipset. ATI, NVIDIA etc. Which is better and which is more compatible? I do see some games that are compatible with say NVDIA, but not ATI. I know that is rare, but it's still out there.

Sorry for being so anal, but all my previous vid cards always seem to have too many restrictions on the games I play. I love the EA Sports games and a few driving games. I guess I'll go to the manufactures websites and find out what vid cards and chipsets they support.

Any other opnions are still welcome.

Thanks.

6. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

7. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

The card coolermaster posted is a nice card also. Looks nicer than the one I posted.
    It is DX 8.1 though. That is the only thing that would bother me. It is getting good reviews though. The one I posted is getting nothing.:)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269857

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice