Recommendations for a new video card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zydecomon

Hey,

Looking for any ideas on the better video cards under $60. I know most of the the vid cards at this price are outdated, but you wouldn't believe how outdated my present card is.

zydecomon

That is the site I go to for parts and pricing and I have found a number of cards that fit my price range. I guess I am trying to get people's opinion about which card would be most compatible for that price. Since agp is supposed to be faster, I'll stick with that even though I do have open pci slots. I'm not sure what the speed issue you are refering to except for maybe 2x or 4x agp. If that's the case, is there much of a difference between 2x and 4x besides price?

zydecomon

Thanks for everyone's input. I was also looking at the Radeon 9200. I guess the thing I wonder about now is the chipset. ATI, NVIDIA etc. Which is better and which is more compatible? I do see some games that are compatible with say NVDIA, but not ATI. I know that is rare, but it's still out there.

Sorry for being so anal, but all my previous vid cards always seem to have too many restrictions on the games I play. I love the EA Sports games and a few driving games. I guess I'll go to the manufactures websites and find out what vid cards and chipsets they support.

Any other opnions are still welcome.

Thanks.

The card coolermaster posted is a nice card also. Looks nicer than the one I posted.
It is DX 8.1 though. That is the only thing that would bother me. It is getting good reviews though. The one I posted is getting nothing.:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online