1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recommendations for website design software?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by ouchi, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ouchi

ouchi Thread Starter

Hi all

I am eying up a re-design on my site (120+ large pages of pure text and images) and would welcome suggestions on what software to consider using as mine is VERY out of date now!

Am using Dreamweaver Ultradev (version 1.0 no less, from over a decade ago!) as it has always been enough. However, its getting glitchy and I want to do a little more than it can achieve with the new site.

I dont need a massively all singing site, just one with drop down menu's, named anchors and other basic bits like that. Structure is basic, although I set up using tables to structure the pages themselves, with CSS to format, all very basic as I understand it. Content is predominantly text, athough jpegs are also part of it. Probably want to build in videos at some point as a 'virtual museum' will be integrating itself into it in the future.

Would be nice to wipe the current tags and re-set everything easily, as can be done with Composer etc.

So, what would you suggest please?

2. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    Hi ouchi - it really depends upon your level of expertise ... after having used Dreamweaver/Kompozer and getting used to working with html source code you may want to go to the next level and use a non-WYSIWYG platform. This seems to be the natural progression and I recommend you to have a look at Notepad++ a free open source editor which is pretty powerful in terms of changing source code text (find/replace). But that's my personal platform, there are other source code editors out there...:)

3. ouchi

ouchi Thread Starter

Thanks Jim. Not the first time that has been mentioned so perhaps its time to delve in to coding ...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083694

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice