1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recommendations on New Video Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by larryc43230, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryc43230

larryc43230 Thread Starter

I will be purchasing a Dell 2407WFP-HC monitor a few days from now. This monitor has a native resolution of 1920x1200. The video card in my Dimension 4600 is now an EVGA e-GeForce 6200 LE 256MB DDR2 AGP. The maximum resolution I can get from this video card (digital out) is 1600x1200 (it can go up to 2048x1536, but only using analog). My setup includes a second monitor, a Samsung 912N, which accepts only an analog signal. I should also mention that I've installed a larger (380w) power supply in this PC to handle the higher power requirements.

I want to be able to take full advantage of my new monitor's capabilities and provide it with a full 1920x1200 digital signal. Most of my work involves still images (Photoshop principally), plus the usual Web surfing, e-mail, etc. I'm not into gaming at all, so the animation-related factors aren't particularly relevant for me. Can anyone recommend a video card that can provide a 1920x1200 digital signal?

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a Web site I can go to that can help me find the video card I need? For some reason, when I go to a video card vendor's Web site looking for possibilities, they often omit this spec (maximum digital resolution), and it's the crucial factor for me in choosing a new card. Any help or pointers would be most appreciated!

--Larry

2. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

i swapped out my M783S for an lcd monitor also, & the video card i have already works fine, i don't do gaming either, just the usual, but do a lot of photo editing etc. I got my new monitor at newegg.com & was free shipping, no taxes & a $20 rebate; so look there for a vid card. a ? why would u want to purchase a new monitor from dell??? u can get them cheaper elsewhere lol :D

3. larryc43230

larryc43230 Thread Starter

I've already spent a lot of time looking at video cards at newegg and a bunch of other on-line vendors. I've also spent time at the local Micro Center looking at possibilities. The problem is the one I stated in my original message: I need a video card that can produce a 1920x1200 digital signal, and the video card vendors tend to omit this spec.

As to why I'm buying a monitor from Dell, I've had consistent success with their monitors in the past. They're solid monitors and they do what I need. If you can point me to a monitor that has the same or better specs than the new Dell 2407WFP-HC, and comes from a reputable company, I'll be happy to take a look at it.

In the meantime, I'm still looking for a video card that can output a digital 1920x1200 signal. Does anyone have any suggestions?

--Larry

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596701

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice