1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recommended database?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by HandleX, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HandleX

HandleX Thread Starter

I have a growing list of customers with there details and reference to the paper form of the invoice number along with the cost of the service.

The receipts are in paper form and contain information such as the service performed, the way paid, when the service was started/done, customers signature, and the costs of the service.

I would like to have a database either via online or software to purchase that will be able to just keep the customers contact information along with the ability to view order numbers and dates associated with them. Example - I look up John James and it shows on 05.05.08 he had a service performed and it shows that the invoice# is 125. This way i can know where to pull this up and in what time frame to look for in my filing cabinet.

So the database has to be able to :

1. allow me to add/delete customers
    2. allow me to view all the customers and there details (address, #)
    3. view reports which will show me things such as the amount of customer in one zip code or the annual income from all invoices totaled

Do any of you have a recommendations on software or whats the easiest and most cost effective way of handling this?

I might want more than 1 person be able to view this in the future (thus my thought on online database with user credentials) or i was even thinking of making an access database.

2. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

You may want to click "Report" and ask that your Thread be transfered to the "Business Applications" Forum, if help doesn't come along within a day.

{redoak}

3. HandleX

HandleX Thread Starter

any information on this question?

4. olddirtret

olddirtret

5. OBP

OBP

I can create you something in Access that will do what you want and more.
    You could even Scan your Paper Invoices and View the Scans from Access.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756223

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice