1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reconnecting wireless

Discussion in 'Games' started by mazdar, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mazdar

mazdar Thread Starter

Well.. I want to figure out how to disconnect from my internet, then reconnect at all in less then 2 seconds. People without wireless internet can do this easily by pulling out the cord then just simply putting the cord back in.. but how do i do this for wireless internet? It takes about 10 seconds to reconnect.. and this takes way too long. This isn't for anything illegal or anything :3 just for a video game. Thanks for your help :)

P.S. I have tried disabling/enabling my wireless internet, turning off router then turning it back on, connecting to an internet source that doesn't work then cancelling that and going to the internet that DOES work, and.. i think that's about it. All of them take too long to reconnect. THANKS~! :D

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It's the nature of the technology. Wireless networking involves an antenna searching for a signal. You're not going to be able to speed that process up. 10 seconds is pretty darn fast.

3. mazdar

mazdar Thread Starter

So there's no way at all? How about closing a port for like.. say 2 seconds, would opening it back on be instantaneous? All I really need is to disconnect from a game for 2 seconds and reconnect to it (without actually disconnecting from the game). Thanks again :)

4. mazdar

mazdar Thread Starter

Nevermind. Found solution. Port forward and internet will die for a quick second ^.^ thanks guys

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593715