record music

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

old manglenn

Hi guys and dolls. I would like to know how I can record music from Shout-Cast to my computer.I tried Audacity with no luck,

what was the problem with audacity ?
all you have to do is get the station you want from shoutcast playing and then open audacity and hit record, it will record til you stop audacity.

from there; trim, edit and save as mp3 (you have to also have the lame encoder to save as mp3)

here's a link and instructions for installing the encoder

old manglenn

I got audacity and the lame decoder, it looks like it is recording ok, but when I try to play back I can not hear anything. Could it be my sound card? I can hear the music on shout cast just fine,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online