1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recording a radio program

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Monique, Oct 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Monique

Monique Thread Starter

:D I would like to record a radio program that is run on Saturdays & I am not at home at the time of the program & my tape deck does not have timed feature for recording. I am wondering if I can set the time on my PC and possibly record the program with my CD-RW drive? I am running XP on a Pentium III.
    Would like any suggestions. Thanks - Monique :D

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

You would have to leave the radio on at that time but you could probably use task scheduler to start a recording program at that time if you have a PC microphone.

3. Monique

Monique Thread Starter

:D Brendandonhu - Thanks for your quick response. I was thinking there might be an easy answer to this question - which I was missing - Not so according to you. Thanks again - Monique:D

4. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

No not really anything easy but investing in a nice cd player with a timed tape recorder.

5. Monique

Monique Thread Starter

brendandonhu - :D Thanks for your info - I have a very nice CD Player & a separate tape deck unit. I have used the tape deck maybe never - since we only buy CD's. This is the first time in a number of years that I have discovered I want to use the tape deck for recording a radio program - and it seems to lack the feature of timed recordings. Never enough electronic & computer equipment for needs - such is life - Thanks again brendandonhu - Monique:D

6. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Youre welcome and Ill tell you if I think of any way.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/100484

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice