1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recording audio casette

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by francism, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. francism

francism Thread Starter

I am using audacity on Windows xp with A Dell computer Desktop Dimension E510. My recordings from an external source (tape player) are being recorded and viewed as Mono
    rather than Stero. My hook up is correct but I am wondering if the Line in is placed in the correct input device. IT is impossible to read.
    I would appreciate any advice.
    Thanks in advance

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Since you are converting from dual line-out plugs (RCA) going from the recorder to a single stereo mini-plug for the sound card's line-in jack -- confirm that the patch cord you are using really has a stereo plug on the end of it.

This will be indicated by TWO dividers -- not just one.

I think this is the most common error -- I even made it myself, although knowing better, I just did not look as closely as I should have at the patch cord I used.

Also verify that Audacity's settings are for two channel stereo -- although this is the default -- need to mention it anyway. And of course the Sound card's line-in should be present and selected as the input device.

The sound properties/help configuration of your Sound card should assist you in identifying the correct jack.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644695

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice