Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recording audio casette

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Rollin' Rog 
#1 ·
I am using audacity on Windows xp with A Dell computer Desktop Dimension E510. My recordings from an external source (tape player) are being recorded and viewed as Mono
rather than Stero. My hook up is correct but I am wondering if the Line in is placed in the correct input device. IT is impossible to read.
I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Since you are converting from dual line-out plugs (RCA) going from the recorder to a single stereo mini-plug for the sound card's line-in jack -- confirm that the patch cord you are using really has a stereo plug on the end of it.

This will be indicated by TWO dividers -- not just one.

I think this is the most common error -- I even made it myself, although knowing better, I just did not look as closely as I should have at the patch cord I used.

Also verify that Audacity's settings are for two channel stereo -- although this is the default -- need to mention it anyway. And of course the Sound card's line-in should be present and selected as the input device.

The sound properties/help configuration of your Sound card should assist you in identifying the correct jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.