Recording devices won't recognize any mic

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ashnator

OKAY SO.

First of, my laptop is this one; https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1/ USED.

Now, here's my problem.

For the past few weeks my recording devices just decided to stop recognizing any mics I connect to it, every one except the built in one. I know it's not the my mic because it was working great before and I can't connect any mics at all. Not a headset, not the stand mic, not the mic that comes with the apple ear buds, nothing. And it's not the ports because I can connect my headset and listen just fine and my USB mouse works perfectly still. It's only the microphones and it's driving me crazy.

I already tried uninstalling the drivers and restarting and reinstalling, troubleshooting recording devices, etc. Sometimes I connect my mic and it works for max 5 minutes and then starts unrecognizing it. My mic is this (if it matters); https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1. But again, I don't think it's the mic.

I also have Windows 10 if that means anything.

Please help.

HyperHenry

Henry
It sounds like a driver issue. Please go to the computer manufacturer and look for available driver downloads. Start with the chipset drivers. Then download audio drivers. If you were using the device manage to download drivers it's useless.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online