1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recording Internet Radio to CD-ROM

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cosmic, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cosmic

Cosmic Thread Starter

I have this desire to record a particular FM radio station to CD-ROM. The period of interest is 4 hours long.

I have found the Radio Stations detail's but haven't actually got it to play on the Web yet. Part of the problem looks like it is going to be; it uses a Media Player format. Due to the way it streams music in real time apparently there is a degrading of quality. Got other stations to play but not this particular one. They don't seem to be exactly in the forefront of this technology. (WMJX 106.7 Boston)

My other problem is once, I finally get the Radio Station to actually play on my computer, how do I record it? I have ADAPTEC CD CREATOR 4 software and it does have something called Liquid Music Player but leaves me puzzled about exactly how I am going to lash that up in real time. I really prefer not to have to do it as a direct write CD-ROM. OK, maybe I could and then rerecord that.

My other option seems to be record on my Bubblebox on a cassette and then come in via the mic input. Again not sure how I lash that up to actually get ADAPTEC to see it as a record-able file.

Is there some other freebie software to make MP3 or data files of inputs via the mic input on say a hard drive or ZIP drive and then that be converted to CD-ROM in a conventional way?

Does anyone do this type recording now? What are the details to know? Any Websites that can record the time interval and then me download it as a file? Looking for the better mouse trap on this one. I like this idea if possible. Record to the Web and then download it. I have a cable modem so large files aren't too tough.

In time I would like to also record some of my old reel to reel tapes to CD-ROM. How much time should one expect to get on a CD-ROM of something playing in real time. Of course considering on how you set it up.

Just feeling this one out and maybe seeing what others have done. Any good Websites to know about?

2. funkenbooty

funkenbooty

3. funkenbooty

funkenbooty

4. funkenbooty

funkenbooty

5. Cosmic

Cosmic Thread Starter

Thanks

That is about what I wanted to know. One of those methods should do the trick.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/147262

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice