Recording music files as data

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Party Rican!

I've heard that cd's may be used to record music files as data, and this will enable the cd to contain a lot more music than normal . Does anyone know how I could do this? How much time or space would I then be able to record (as compared to the usual 80 minutes of music on the typical cd)? I have an Easy Media Creator program (but I'm willing to get whatever program allows me to do this), Windows XP and both, a cd and dvd burner.

Party Rican! said:
I've heard that cd's may be used to record music files as data, and this will enable the cd to contain a lot more music than normal . Does anyone know how I could do this? How much time or space would I then be able to record (as compared to the usual 80 minutes of music on the typical cd)? I have an Easy Media Creator program (but I'm willing to get whatever program allows me to do this), Windows XP and both, a cd and dvd burner.
Create data disc in your disc burning program. Should get 2000+ songs on a DVD if in MP3 format. (Data discs do not play in CD players)

Party Rican!

I appreciate the reply, but a friend of mine has a home-made cd that contains about 10 albums (about 200 songs) on one 80-minute cd. He said a friend of his recorded it as data, thus enabling him to record more songs. Anyway, that person's away on vacation, so I can't get the info from him, and I would like to get started on recording these type of cd's immediately. I'll just hope someone else can reply with assistance.

Party Rican!

By the way, I physically had that cd (the one with about 200 songs on it) and confirmed it played on a regular cd player. So, somehow, it's possible.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Party Rican! said:
and confirmed it played on a regular cd player. So, somehow, it's possible.
Some newer CD players may also play MP3 music files burned onto data CDs. Double check the specifications of that particular CD player.

With a suitable bit rate conversion setting, an MP3 music file can be 1/10 the data size of the of the same track on an audio CD. That could easily give you 200 or more tracks on one data CD. There are other compressed music file formats besides MP3.

I just bought an '07 Toyota FJ Cruiser (don't really mean to brag too much) anyway, I can play data CDs as well as regular ones with it! :)!

I've yet to have an issue, hater.

Besides, I make backups of all my originals and put them away. If you can manage it, a data CD is more efficient. I can only have six CDs in my car at a time so why waste space?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online