Recording only sound with a TV Tuner Card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sambahill

I recently purchased an ATI All-in-Wonder 2006 AGP Card which has a TV Tuner built into it. I just want to tape some talk shows that are on my satellite tv but I just want the sound, no video. Does anyone know if it would be possible to do this? Thanks in advance!

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Can you edit the recording with Creative Recorder ??
... like trim the pre/post recording.

sambahill

Well when I save it, Creative makes it into a .wav file and I think there is a file in Nero 7's suite that can edit that.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Audacity can record, edit and save as wav or mp3 - all in one ... and It's Free.
Never messed with Creative .. But Audacity is really hard to beat.

I have the Pro version of Audition (the new Cool Edit) but never use it anymore .. thanks to the freeware Audacity.

sambahill

I will try that but I am using a combo of Creative Recorder and IMTOO Converter...

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
sambahill said:
I will try that but I am using a combo of Creative Recorder and IMTOO Converter...
I'll bet you a cup of coffee that Audacity will eliminate the dual program usage.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online