1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recording PC Video 24/7

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kidrox69, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kidrox69

kidrox69 Thread Starter

I need to find a way to record PC Video for a 24 hour operation, currently we are running a video converter box http://www.nextag.com/Global-Marketing-Partners-Grandtec-4047003/prices-html we use this to split the video and run it to a monitor and back to an IVR which records the video for 30 days. This has been working fine for some time but we are starting to notice a blur and the IVRs are not all that reliable...I'm not sure if this is being posted in the correct location so if not i apologize. I'm looking for a solution to clear up the video and possibly do away with not so reliable IVRs...any help would be great! :)

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi kidrox69, and welcome to TSG.

Are you trying to record from one or more video cameras connected to the PC or all of the on screen activity of someone using the computer?

For the first case, there is commercial security software that will record one or more video feeds to the hard drive. Some will give various options of what gets recored (everything 24/7, everything only during certain times and days, only when motion is detected anywhere in the video image or only in certain target areas of the image, etc.).

3. kidrox69

kidrox69 Thread Starter

Hello, basically its a station setup where an operator does daily tasks at the PC that need to be recorded and saved. So its not taking data and saving to the pc but taking whats on teh monitor and saving it off somewhere!

Thanks,

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Unless the PC screen resolution is running at something like a 640x480 pixels, I can see where the video monitor picture and video recording may get fuzzy if you are down converting a higher screen resolution. I can also see where trying to record about 750 (24x31) hours of video on a digital recorder with maybe a 200 GB hard drive would require a bit of lossy compression that would further blur the picture.

I have seen programs that allow short term live screen captures to be recorded on the same computer. They are typically used to make training videos for other software running on the computer. I have not heard of any that can record for days or to a remote computer though.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596986

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice