1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

recording radio programmes

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Nita, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nita

Nita Thread Starter

Can someone please tell me whether it is possible to record a radio broadcast from the computer to an ipod or mp3 player. My daughter lives abroad, likes to hear radio 4(UK) and reception is very poor. She can however hear them on her computer ,she would like to get these onto an ipod or mp3 player(her sons have these ) so that she can listen to them at leisure when she is out and about. If it can be done can you please tell me how. I shall be visiting her in a week or so and I would like to help her set things up as she is even more technologically challenged than I.I know that I can do it on my minidisc recorder so thought it ought to be possible to do it with one of the other devices.

"In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king"

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

All you have to do is record the streaming radio with something like Screamer Radio and then load it onto the IPOD as MP3 files.

3. Nita

Nita Thread Starter

Thank you.Will this work with windows98?

4. JohnWill

5. queens3358

queens3358

I use total recorder. works great and i never had a problem. Also very easy to use.
    enjoy

6. JohnWill

Screamer Radio has the added attribute of being free. :) It's also very easy to use and configure.

7. Nita

Nita Thread Starter

Unfortunately it doesn't have BBC radio4 as an option in its preset programmes. It appears that radio 4 only plays in realplayer which is not supported by screamer. In my simple way I understand this to mean that I can hear it on the computer but cannot save it so as to be able to change it to an MP3 format. Is that correct? Do you have any other suggestions or do I have to find another minidisk recorder for her?

8. JohnWill

You're right, Real Media is not supported by Screamer Radio.

9. Nita

Nita Thread Starter

Thanks John for connecting me to the screamer forum. Although screamer was no good for my purpose someone there was able to help me. In essence what I had to do was to record the programme using "Audacity" and using this same software convert it to an mp3file. All I have to learn now is how to get it on the the ipod. I'm hoping one of the grandsons will help me there. If not I may come back to you.
    Thanks again. I wouldn't have got this far without your guidance.

10. JohnWill

Good luck, we'll help your further if we can. :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/446436

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice