1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Recording Streaming Video?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by BML, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BML

BML Thread Starter

I was watching a video clip online from a tv station website and there was no option to "download" it. I'd really like to be able to save it for myself. Is there any type of software or any way that I can play it AND record it on my computer? It plays from their website thru windows media player. There is no option for "Save Target As..."

2. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

Foxfire has an extension to do that .

3. JustSomeGuy1

JustSomeGuy1

Or if your not in the mood for firefox there is a program called Stream Down by Cucusoft. It not that hard to learn and I find it easy although I haven't tried firefox. Your pick.

4. chatterjee

chatterjee

5. BML

BML Thread Starter

I found an application called "My Screen Recorder" and it did indeed record the streaming video window, but the quality was much lower (jerky movement) than what was being streamed. if its going to be that bad I guess its not worth it.

6. chatterjee

chatterjee

Have you checked out the thread I mentioned?

7. wilson44512

wilson44512

if its playing with wmp. you can try this
    right click on the movie an click properties. then copy the URL. then open wmp. an click on file an then on open URL. paste it in there an it should start playing. if it does go to file an then save as. an save it that way. i do it all the time

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/467669

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice